Friday, November 16, 2018

Thanksgiving lunch at school

Every year the elementary school hosts Thanksgiving lunch a week before the holiday. You go during the assigned time for your youngest child (they call the older ones down from their classroom to eat during that hour).

Because I have a first grader, we got to eat this feast at 10:45 a.m. And while the food left a lot to be desired, the company was top notch.

My kids were so excited that mommy came to their school. They showed me all their artwork and introduced me to their friends. And when it was time to go to class, my youngest held my hand until we reached the door and had to be separated.

I snuck an apple into their backpacks so they could have a snack later in the day after eating that early, but all in all, it was a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment