Saturday, April 14, 2018

Starting my annual MoviePass subscription


I signed up for an annual subscription to MoviePass for my birthday. Why? Because I love movies and having one is a nice excuse to treat myself to one from time and time.

For those of you not familiar to the program, you buy a monthly, quarterly or annual pass (depending on what types of deals they are offering when you sign up) and you can see a movie every day. You cannot see more than one movie in a day, and you can not see repeat movies.

My therapist asked me during a session what I like to do for fun. I have a special needs child and haven’t done a great job on emotional self-care lately, AKA finding time for myself to unwind. Since going to movies by myself when my husband can be home with the kids or they are in school is a great way to spend two hours in which no one can talk to me, she encouraged me to do this more.

I’ve only gone to four movies with the pass so far. Check in has bee very easy and I have experienced no problems. I’ve also seen movies I wouldn’t have spent the time or money to see in the theater, but have enjoyed just the same.

I don’t know if the business model of MoviePass is sustainable over a long period of time, so I’m going to see as many movies as possible in the next year or for as long as I can. I need to see at least 15 movies to break even on my cost – no problem.

So overall, I call the plan a win. I will update more as things progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment