Thursday, March 15, 2018

Back to blogging


Well, here I am blogging again. I went through and deleted my old posts because it had been so long, and I wanted to start anew.

I will be blogging about a variety of things, including being geeky mom. There are so many topics I will explore from our crazy life, such as adoption, foster care, special needs parenting, freelance writing, marriage, geek culture, faith, etc.

A little about me:

My husband and I have been married for more than 10 years. He works in the information technology industry and also plays on the worship team at our church. Hubby is slightly addicted to World of Warcraft and will only go to superhero or Star Wars movies with me (not that I’m complaining because I love those too).

I’m a freelance writer. Last year, I stepped down from a regular job, so I could be more available for some extra care one of my kiddos needed. It was quite the leap of faith but has been very rewarding so far. Plus, I’m totally in my pajamas right now.

About four years ago we adopted three amazing kids from foster care. Superboy is obsessed with Minecraft, Boo loves dinosaurs and pretty much anything scientific that he can get his hands on and Tink alternates between wanting to be a superhero or a princess.

Our boys have some special needs, especially Boo, and I’m sure I will blog about from time to time.

We are a super-geeky family. We don’t do sports, but we go to renaissance festivals and comic book conventions instead. We may not shoot hoops, but we have epic lightsaber and wooden sword battles. And lots and lots of Nerf wars (wear protective head gear upon entering our home). We can’t tell you who played in the Superbowl, but we can tell you which Hogwarts house we’re in. I’m Ravenclaw, in case you were wondering.

Thanks for coming along with me as I share our adventures and struggles!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read more about being a geek mom. *takes notes*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete